About 5280 Chug Run
5280 Chug Run | August 25th, 2018
Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR)
Open to all ages and ability levels!
This home-grown unique running and beer sampling event will have races and activities for all: ranging from the competitive running enthusiast/athlete, to the family that would like to jog or walk the racetrack at PPIR, to the beer aficionado that may care more about local Colorado brews than burning calories. All activities will take place within PPIR’s 1-mile oval racetrack and entertainment grounds.
Admission to the 5280 Chug Run provides each entrant to run (or stroll) in any of the day’s race groups (as long as the runner fits the race category), receive a mini-mug for sampling beers (21+ years old), an event t-shirt, and a 3st medal! Crazy outfits are highly encouraged and PPIR aims to make this an unforgettable family friendly event!
Family fun entertainment and activities will be present at the 5280 Chug Run including:
- Prizes to the winners of every organized run in the day!
- 1-mile runs on the track for for different categories of runners
- Team Relay Races (sign up at the track with your group of 4 PEOPLE)
- Go-kart racing (ages 12 and up)
- Pro-driver drift rides
- Face painting
- Crazy Outfits Strongly Encouraged!
- People’s Choice Best Beer brewery competition and more!
Carnival type activities will be taking place in the family fun zone and families are encouraged to bring their bicycles to ride on the raceway! The 5280 Chug Run will feature local Colorado breweries and live music by awesome local bands and the headliner band Bostyx!
5280 Chug Run Admission Costs
PPIR is excited to host you at the racetrack for the inaugural 5280 Chug Run on August 25th, 2018!
With your $39.50 admission you will receive the following (kids 11 and under are free, persons 12 – 20 years old $10):
- 5280 Chug Run T-Shirt
- 5280 3rst Medal (to only first 1,400 tickets sold)
- Lanyard with Beer Sampling Mini-Mug (to only first 1,400 tickets sold)
- Running events on the racetrack and Family Fun
- Beer sampling in the Brew Festival Area (21 years old and up)
- Live Music Performances by local Colorado bands
Drift rides and Go-Kart racing are both only $20 per person, per ride or race. Drift ride with a professional racecar driver on the road course at PPIR (12 years old and up) and Go-Kart racing (12 years old and up).
Concert Only: $20.00